Do you write, run a website, a personal blog, or even a small business that you would like to promote? Then we are on the same boat!
I indie-published my first book, University of Solitude, in May 2016. Having no support from publishers, no friends in the United States, and no experience with Amazon, I try to build my personal author brand, and promote my book, using various creative marketing techniques and strategies. Benefiting from extensive internet marketing experience, and I try to invest time rather than money.
This blog might help you learn how to promote your own work and ideas in a more effective way.
How does the blog differ from other book marketing blogs?
- Practical case studies. Unlike other bloggers, I do not simply write about various book marketing techniques. I test each technique to promote University of Solitude, and show you what works, and what doesn’t work. Numbers, pictures, secrets….
- White hat/ gray hat/ black hat marketing strategies. I do not always play by the rules, and sometimes try to game the system. The internet of 2016 strongly prioritizes big websites and publishers, people who spend thousands to promote their books. If you play by the rules, but have little money to invest, you’ll never make it on a book market.
- Non-profit project. Advertisements won’t bother you on this blog, and I am not going to try and sell you any e-books or courses. Pushy pop-up sign up forms letters won’t flash you either. . . . Just my honest writing, and our mutual journey in the world of internet marketing. If you want to subscribe, though, you can use the simple form at the end of this article.
Something about me
I would characterize myself as a seeker, traveler, and entrepreneur. Having succeeded in building decent residual income from the network of content-rich websites (I own more than 40 websites in various niches), I currently devote nearly all my time to non-profit projects, mostly in the spheres of philosophy, start-up, and writing. Tidbits:
- born in 1987
- trail runner and mountain biker
- reading a lot of philosophy books
- single, living alone, no TV, supporting minimalism
- regularly traveling as a backpacker
- imprisoned in Iran from August 2012 to February 2013
- author of the University of Solitude
- formerly active in the sphere of international recruitment
- speaks English, Slovak and Spanish
- tries to live in a present moment
If you want to know more, feel free to contact me. If you find the blog helpful, you can subscribe to my regular monthly newsletter below (sending you the list of new posts in last 30 days). Thank you!