The Story Continues. . . .
Walking out the prison gates didn’t mark the end of Matej’s story. Nor did publishing his book. By delivering speeches to readers, students, prisoners, and other groups of people, Matej tries to spread his inspirational story of overcoming adversity to help audiences change their lives for the better. The main goals of University of Solitude include:
- Helping prisoners directly by donating all profits from University of Solitude to the International Committee of the Red Cross, a nonprofit organization that aims to secure humane treatment and conditions of detention for all prisoners, regardless of the reasons for their arrest or detention. (See Donations-FAQ for more details on how we donate the money.)
- Spreading awareness about undercover international operations of intelligence agencies, which use young and naive people in carrying out their dirty operations in places like Iran and countries all over the world. Stories like Matej’s might not get repeated again, since the victims of these international games of espionage rarely survive their experiences.
- Bringing attention to the torture and inhuman practices within prisons around the world.
- Sharing stories of other prisoners Matej met along his way through Evin─shocking stories of bizarre accusations and forced confessions, stories which should never be forgotten.
- Sharing his philosophy of living in harmony and true freedom, the attitude to life Matej developed while imprisoned in Iran. Readers can benefit from his experience and adjust their own lives for the better—all without being forced to endure the harsh conditions Matej had to endure.
Guilty or not, “good” or “bad”, every person deserves humane treatment and a fair trial. To judge a prisoner without knowing all the details of their life or the facts of their case is foolish, and doing so certainly won’t make us happy. Buy University of Solitude today. Read an inspirational true story and support a good cause at the same time. Thank you!
Read More: Reviews | Homepage